65 Murray St., Norwalk, CT

In the great spirit of the American dream, Lindy, Molly, and I are now home owners. Yes, we threw ourselves into a massive debt that will take 30 years to dig out of. But more importantly, we now have a home. 65 Murray St., Norwalk, Connecticut 06851 is where we can now be found. The house is 45 miles northeast of New York City, 25 miles from were I work in White Plains, 15 minutes from my Dad’s house, and 50,000,000 miles from Mars. The house is ranch style (everything on one floor) and I would say sum it up by saying that everything about it is good, not great, but good. It has all the rooms we wants (for the most part), is in good condition, near good schools, and very importantly was a very good price. The previous owners were in a rush to move back to Seattle and wanted to get the deal done quickly; and I guess we were in the right place and the right time. I will post pictures of the house on Molly website (http://molly.kokopop.com) over the next few days, and some other info on the house as well. We officially signed the contract today and we close on May 23. There is still so much do to and the entire experience has been overwhelming on every front. Lindy was a real trooper and we couldn’t have done it without her help. And although the process remains stressful, I know that it will pass and in the end we will be in a nice roomy house and life will be a little nicer from then on. I still have to deal with the specifics of the mortgage, more paperwork, fees, oil tanks, home depot, and a host of other issues, but the main search (and stress) is over. The deal is done (and I hope we made the right choice). We made some sacrifices, like being farther away from work and my aunt and sister in Rockland, but we knew we couldn’t get everything we wanted this time around. Next time, we’ll build the house from scratch in a perfect location and all will be well, but for now we have a place to call home, and I look forward to moving in.

And for anyone in the real estate business, I am pretty sure that our purchase will cause the real estate market to crash, so keep that in mind.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I especially liked the part of being far away from your aunt...
"ARLENE" I would imagine.
Hope all is going well and we will see you soon. Kisses to Miss Molly and Lindee.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy