New Cousin

My Cousin Andrew and his wife Stacy had their first baby yesterday, Zoe Elizabeth - 6lbs 6oz, 18 inches long. She is my aunt Sharon’s first grandchild, which brings her slightly closer to my mom’s six grandchildren (my aunt and mom are twins). I wish them the best of heath and happiness and it got me thinking of what advice I would give to them (basically what I have learned over the past year). Here is what I got…
- Books are nice, but all kids are different.
- All kids are basically the same, so whatever you think is wrong is very common.
- Little babies can still learn good habits.
- Little babies forget or outgrow their habits every few weeks
- Children never stop teething, so don’t use it as an excuse too often.
- The first year does not go by quickly, but you will forget all about in a few years.
- The ruffles on diapers are important.
- Don’t over-medicate the kid, but some meds are priceless (like baby Zantac in Molly’s case)
- Patience is necessary to maintain sanity.
- Becoming a family is hard, very hard. Expect some problems.
- And finally, advise my boss always says whenever something bad happens, “this too shall pass”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy