"The eBay & PayPal have gone too far Club"

For years I have happily used ebay, buying and selling hundreds of items and getting 267 feedback messages (100% positive). Over the years, Ebay bought and integrated Paypal, an online payment system, which made payments easier and more accountable. As a seller I had the choice to have a regular Paypal account (which I don’t have to pay extra, but can’t accept credit cards) or a Business account (which I have to pay a commission on all transactions, but could accept credit cards). I choose the first option and told people in my listings that I could only accept Paypal if its through a bank account and not a credit card. I did that for over a year and was happy paying ebay a commission on everything I sold and using Paypal for free. I put an item up for sale last week, and a few hours before the auction was to end, I got an email from eBay saying that it was removed because I can not say that I do accept Paypal, but not with credit cards. Now if I want to use Paypal I am forced to upgrade my account and pay commission on everything I buy or sell. Furthermore, eBay waited till my auction was almost over to screw me over even more. I would use other online payment methods (like G0@ggle check0ut, I can't even write the words becuase its banned from ebay!) but eBay refuses to make them available. Conspiracy! Collusion! Cats and Dogs living together, total anarchy!

Every few months eBay adds another feature to make their service more expensive and less useful. They realize they have a virtual monopoly for used goods and are taking advantage of their customers and sellers.

I would complain to eBay or Paypal, but of course there are no phone numbers anywhere on their websites. There is no customer service, just customer fees.

I once talked very highly of Paypal and Ebay, but now I think they have gone too far. I have started this international organization to bring together people who have been screwed over by eBay, Payment, or are just sick of their ridiculous rules and regulations.

Join the Club. Membership can be your. Members will get some kind of prize, card, secret handshake, cememonial robe, or decoder ring. You can or may not learn the meaning of life through membership, although it is likely that you will.

The 1 cent membership fee can be paid in any of the following ways…
1) Place a penny under your pillow and I will send a fairy to pick it up.
2) Dig a hole in the ground a drop penny in.
3) Throw penny into any stream, lake, pond, or fountain.
4) Attach penny to helium balloon and release into the air.
5) Make a pendant out of the penny and give it to a child.
6) Melt penny and return it a copper/zinc mine.
7) Write the word “penny” on a piece of paper and eat it.
8) Hide penny inside a couch cushion
9) Cut penny into four pieces and scatter them to the four corners of the globe.
10) Invest the penny by shorting eBay stock (i.e., bet that it will go down).

I do not accept Paypal.

eBay members of the world unite!

Freeeeeeedom!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can not list on Ebay Australia without accepting Paypal, as I only have a personal account, I keep getting idiots paying from credit cards when I state I won't accept this payment method. I do however blame Ebay for this because they won't let me list unless I accept the Paypal payments box. This seems to be unlawful practice and is causing me alot of hassles. Doesn't this break unfair competition laws. Ebay is making it extremely difficult to not use paypal. I feel like I am being pushed to use their crappy fee stealing and unsafe company that they own.
Unknown said…
I am with you i just got a listing canceled because i will not take paypal and another one canceled because i said i will charge a 3.5% fee on a paypal payment.

Lets consult a lawyer on this one i think we have something here.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy