Time flies when you're having fun

I apologize for not blobbing over the last several months, but here are the things I can remember (in no particular order)…

Now that the democrats have gained some power, why don’t they have an actual, tangible agenda.

NFL kickers are horrible underpaid. Adam
Vinatieri, perhaps the best, clutch kicker of all time, in his prime is getting 2,509,000. 23 Running backs get paid more including Taylor Chester. 33 Receivers get paid more, including Reggie Williams who gets more the 6 million a year.

Molly can do anything. She can run, jump, play hide-and-seek, count to ten, knows about 15 letters, can repeat anything, can eat yogurt with a spoon, talk in sentences, star in puppet shows, tackle other children and dogs, enjoys jokes, bargains with me, puts money in a piggybank, colors, paints, spins, and a hundred other things. She is also pretty close to being able to ride a tricycle. She is also very creative for a little kid. I was doing an improvisation of this little piggy went to town, by changing it to this little piggy ate this or that. After I was done, Molly took my hand to play the game with me. I started by saying, “this little piggy ate…” and I waited as she thought of an answer. In a whisper I suggested corn, which is something she had for dinner, but she would have no part of my suggestions, she wanted to think of something completely new on her own. She thought and thought and after a minute or two, she tentatively said “ba-na-na”. Ohh, the joy in her eyes and in mine. My little girl is a creative genius.

Work is really busy. My project has three main part, research, a data book, and a database. I spend the last year doing research and am 95% done, but I had to start the other two parts in early January and now I have all three going at the same time. I work almost non-stop from the moment I get here to the moment I leave (with the exception of writing in my blog). My deadline is July and I think I am in good shape, but it is a bit overwhelming for the moment.

I don’t want Hillary to be President, I don’t the idea of family legacies in government.

We went to California for the holidays and it was really nice. I even got to fly up to see my brother and his family for the Jets game (the one in Miami which the Jets won).

Do you think if we spend the money that we spent in Iraq on find a way to utilize the power of sun, wind, and tides we would have succeeded already, or perhaps it might take another month or so. On that note we are still spending at least 1.1 billion on each stealth bomber, perhaps that money would be better spent on schools, roads, hospitals, or energy. And I don’t even mean in the US, let’s spend that money in Iraq or Afghanistan (or any other impoverished nation). We can have a bomber designed to evade the detection of the Soviet Union or give people who currently hate us one small reason not to. I think this actually defends our county better than the bomber and isn’t that the purpose of the department of “defense”. If you look at certain how certain fundamentalists groups, such as Hamas, gained local popularity and power, it is not only based on religious ideology, but directly on the fact that they were the only ones provided schools and hospitals.


Ok, enough for today, I’ll try to write more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy