Mommy/Daddy

Yesterday I taught Molly how to run from the other side of the room to me, arms open wide, and throw herself at me in a giant wave of hug. This is one of those classical Daddy things that really makes me feel good (along with her walking next to me, reaching up and grabbing my pointer finder and holding hands as we stroll along). Well, Molly played run and hug Daddy about a dozen times without tiring. Lindy wanted part of the action and so Molly would take turns running to each of us, and one time we asked who she is running to next, she said "mommy/daddy" and ran to both of us (Lindy and I were on the floor next to each other). I have become 1/2 of the single entity known as mommy/daddy (no pause in between words). If you ask Molly who she loves, she will say mommy/daddy. However, if you ask who's the best, she has rightfully modifies her answer to mommy/daddy/molly. We are all one. Resistance is futile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy