Vision

15 years ago I had Lasik to correct my vision, which was wonderful.  However, in the past few years my long distance vision has slowly gotten worse.  It's not terrible and I can function, but if I could get it fixed, that would be great.  The problem is that if I get my long distance vision fixed through Lasik, my near (reading) vision would get messed up.  So here are my options

Option 1 - Lasik both eyes now
Pro - Perfect distance vision.
Con - I would need reading glasses now.

Option 2 - Lasik one eye
Pro - Distance vision would be better.
Con - Reading is annoying (I tested this by wearing one contact), but I wouldn't need glasses for now.
Con - When my reading vision deteriorates (in 3-10 years), I'll need reading glasses.

Option 3 - Do nothing
Pro - It's free.  Don't need reading glasses.
Con - Vision not great for distances.

Option 3a - Do nothing with glasses
Pro - It's free, Don't need reading glasses.
Con - Glasses are annoying and it will probably make my eyes weaker.

Option 3b - Do nothing until my reading vision falls apart (3-10), than Lasik and reading glasses
Pro - When I do get Lasik, it will correct my long distance vision
Pro - I'm going to need reading glasses as some point any way, but I'll give myself more time without them.
Con - My long distance vision isn't great until Lasik.
Con - Getting old isn't fun.

Any suggestions?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy