A new family, a new life, and new adventures

I’m still exhausted. I’ve weird to think that my life has changed in a fundamental way. Everything now seems to have a different slant, a new perspective. I’ve spend the last 20 years looking for the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and now that I have, I feel a new sense of completion and an ironic sense of emptiness. Not the kind of emptiness that feels bad more of a lack of direction. Maybe this is how Inigo felt after he avenged his father’s murder by killing Count Rougin. I have no doubt that this won’t last long, there are so many adventures on the horizon and I’m looking forward to the rest of my life.

On Saturday January 15, 2005 I was lucky enough to marry my love, Lindy. The whole wedding process was quite surreal. We planned the whole thing in about four months and decided to do as much ourselves as possible. I still remember hearing things like, “Well for every centerpiece we make, Molly can have a new stroller”. I can’t say that the planning was perfect, there were fights and there were problems. We changed the DJ three days before the wedding (because he wasn’t nice to Lindy), wrote vows days before the wedding, and created (or re-created) all the flower arrangements for the entire wedding within 24 hours of magic time. In the end, Lindy and I couldn’t do it all, but luckily we had some help. Particularly I would like to thank Maryln and Heather who flew in from California and provided invaluable support in the days leading up to the wedding. I would also like to thank Trevor for coming with me to the wedding early and showing off his hidden flower design skills. I’d like to thank Dan Welch and Evan for getting a late start to the wedding, allowing them to still be in the city in time to go to my apartment and pick up a few crucial items we left behind. Also, I’d like to thank Lindy and I’s collective parents who provided emotional support for months and made the whole event possible. The only person I don’t want to thank if the Jets scumbag kicker who was the cause of the only unhappiness of the day.

In the end, everything was almost perfect and much more than I could have ever asked for. There were no major problems of any kind. Everything got set up in time (including the giant engagement ring) and the whole event was serene, relaxed, romantic, and friendly. My lovely wife even got me a Carvel ice cream cake for the occasion. There is so much to write and so many wonderful things about the wedding that I am just going to end it all, but thanking everyone who attending for being part of my big day. Lindy, Molly, and I hope that we can hold onto our friends and family forever and we will be seeing you all soon.
I will upload pictures and maybe some video to the wedding website within the new few days. (http://www.wedding.kokopop.com/) If any has any pictures that they want to share, please feel free to upload them to a photo website or send me a CD.

Comments

lindy said…
It is a strange feeling being over the wedding hurdle. To me it feels like you've been running frantically, sprinting as hard as you can, breathing hard, exhausted but pushing yourself because you have to- even though you're at the end of your endurance and then suddenly you just stop. Since Dan is exercising his right as my new husband to order me around I have been home sick from work (I have a cold) and I think the aimless feeling is compounded for me by having nothing pressing to focus on- I'm getting caught up on bills, putting away stuff from the wedding etc but nothing is pressing and it's just odd to be back in my life as it was.
As stressful as the whole thing was i wouldn't change a thing (ok, well, maybe another week of prep time...) but overall it was perfect as perfect could be and I wish we could do it all again tomorrow. Luckily we'll have a headstart in planning for 20 or 30 years from now when Molly's ready...
I have to reiterate Dan's comments about our friends and families- we really and truly couldn't have done it without them and Mikey, Trevor, Dan, Heather, Marilyn and Karen especially brought it together in those critical final moments before we had to cancel the wedding due to lack of time. The flowers weren't finished, Karen singlehandedly finished decorating the chapel, the centerpieces weren't done, and in the end Dan and I barely had time to get dressed! Should we brag that by doing all that stuff ourselves we beat the pants off all the wedding cost averages?- (even tho our wedding was in the most expensive region in the US!) So thanks to our fabulously helpful friends and family we really did save enough to make a difference in our future house downpayment- or to buy molly a fancy four wheel drive stroller with GPS... And the process of pulling the wedding together really did show me what a great team player my new hubby is- he's truly the most amazing man ever. Now if only i could convince him to pick up his socks.... ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy