Yes, Even I Get Nervous

In the middle of all the things that need to be done before the wedding, I tried to write my first draft of my wedding vows. I think it is important that what I say in front on my future wife, my family, and friends, be of my own creation. There are thousands of passages in hundreds of books that express all of the emotions that are involved, but someone else wrote them, for somebody else. Over the years, I have written hundreds of pages to my darling fiancĂ©e and thought it would be even easier to write my vows to her. All I would have to do it express my love and commitment to her and they rest will take care of itself. Except I am finding this rather difficult. The first thing is that something that may sound great on paper, might not be any good when spoken out loud. So I try to imagine saying it to my audience and than I get nervous (not an feeling I am used to). I want to get this done with enough time that I can memorize it for the wedding day (although I plan to have a backup plan in case I forget, or get too nervous). On the bright side, I don’t have to worry about mis-spelling anything.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Each day, I realize how much you have had to do for your wedding. And each day, you seem to manage to get everything done, and then some. Your vows will be from your heart and I am sure you will find just the right words to say. You are amazing and I am so proud of you. Did I tell you.."YOU ARE SPECIAL" ? Momma
Glen Lipka said…
Your mom says your special. Heh heh. She must be watching the Special Olympics. Heh heh. Special.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy