Life, the Universe, and Everything

I saw the new commercial for Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and I was surprised that it was such a big budget film. I hope they didn’t sacrifice content for special effects. Also, the book (one the first I read, actually I read all five) is a comedy, and the commercial made it sound like an action movie. Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay, which is good. The cast is little odd, Mos Def plays Ford Perfect and its look like there are small roles for John Malkovich and Alan Rickman. My expectation keep changing from, “they are going to screw it all up”, to “how could this not be great.”

And for all those who read the book, I only have one thing to say. Forty-two.

(interested tidbit, 6 × 9 = 42 if the calculations are performed in base 13, not base 10. Douglas Adams was not aware of this at the time, and has since been quoted as saying that "nobody writes jokes in base 13."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy