Sleepy Hollow

What a week. Lindy, Molly, not-fluffy, and I have finally completed our move out of the city. First, I would like to thank my former apartment and all my former roommates (Dan Welch, Iain, Frankie, and Fluffy X) for all the wonderful memories over the past four years. Growing up I always wanted to live in NYC and I can consider that particular life goal completed. Our new apartment is in the village of Sleepy Hollow (yes, the setting for the headless horseman) in Westchester County (about 25 minutes north of NYC). Our new address is:

209 Wirth Avenue, 2nd Floor
Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591
(click here for regular map) (click here for super cool satellite map)

The move was particularly grueling and I wanted to thank my sister for lending me her SUV and Dan Welch for helping me move most of my stuff. I’m just glad it all over. Well, we still have to deal with the new place, unpacking, and assorted other ridiculousnesses. Hopefully everything will be ready for Molly’s arrival. Speaking of, my first Lamaze class is tonight.

Do think it was just a coincidence I moved to a town that prominently features the word “Sleepy”?

Comments

lindy said…
The Truth must be told!
Dan makes it sound like it was just a normal grueling move... I suppose all moves are grueling but he neglected to mention that considering my advanced state of pregnancy I was almost no help at all and that he almost singlehandedly moved ALLLLL of our stuff - (yes, the majority of it is my stuff...) box after box after heavier and heavier box. First down 3 flights, then walk back up the 3 flights to get more stuff then drive the stuff to the new place and then up another flight and then back to Manhattan to do it all again. IN THE RAIN.
AND in addition to all this there was a busy week at work and finals at school. And he didn't even complain about having to do all this work to move into an apartment he didn't even like all that much.
We weren't completely alone in this endeavor- the other perpetrator of heroics - Dan Welch- to whom we bow down with praise and gratitude gave up his weekend and came over to slog up and down stairs and through traffic to help transport our plethora of crap and to him we are so very eternally grateful. It wasn't even his crap!
I nominate them both for sainthood or pope or lottery winner.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy