Republic V Republican

Recently, I have been wondering how long Congressional Republicans will back every single policy of the Bush administrations. Clearly, from the beginning, Bush’s strategy is that if all republicans act as a single, unwavering unit, that they will be able to achieve their goals, while deflecting any criticism. And this has worked; the republicans have gotten some of the things they always wanted (lower taxes, hawkish foreign policy, and a more faith-based system); however, I honestly do not belief that the majority of republicans wanted these things to the extremes that Bush has taken them. Nevertheless, the republicans stand by their President even after his approval rating slips below 40%. I believe that Bush republicans are different then other republicans. Here is my little chart.


sorry so small, blogger won't let me post a larger image

So will the classic republics let Bush destroy their reputation (note: I usually disagree with most republican ideology; however, I believe most republicans still believe their ideas would help this country). I no longer believe the Bush has any interest in even pretending to care about the majority of this country. If he did, he would have already given Halliburton $100,000,000 to build homes in the wake of hurricane Katrina. Congressional republicans are in a tough spot. Can they start to criticize Bush (even though they would be criticizing the very things they supported in the past) or do they just keep saying how great he is and hope that his approval rating either improves or that they constituents won’t make the connection.

George Bush makes me miss Bob Dole.

I would urge the democrats to try to hold every republican in the country accountable to the actions of Bush. I know this may be unfair, but it is in the best interest of the country. There is no reason why the democrats shouldn’t start aiming at taking back Congress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy