Jets and Cars

I am a Jets Fan. The Jets had a great season last year. The Jets will have another great season this year. Two of those sentences are true, the other is sadly all wrong. Last year the Jets had one of the easiest schedules in the history of the NFL and beating only one team with a winning record all season. In 2007, it they play a much harder schedule, and their team is only slightly improved. I’m realistically predicting 6-10, and optimistically going with 8-8. They can only go so far with no offensive line, no defensive line, only one cornerback and one safety, and no tight end. A few weeks ago I thought that since this season was most likely not going to lead to a playoff game, why not trade their injury-prone QB (to a team like Atlanta) to a first or second round draft pick. Give the backup a chance, and build for the future. Of course, they would never do something like that, because professional sports executives are terrified of making bold moved because their job is at risk if it backfires (if they do nothing, they can blame others for the teams failures). Anyway, it has been one game, and already the Jets QB, Chad Pennington, has gone down with mild injury. Too late for trade now.

In other news, I need to get a new car. I am looking for a safe, reliable, 4-door, commuter car. I would like to spend under $20,000 and was thinking of a low-end Honda Civic. The American cars a cheaper and offer better financing, but how do they compare in reality to the foreign cars. Any helpful hints, suggestions, or ideas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Consumer's reports have been the best source of information for me over the years. I agree that foreign cars are more reliable than american ones. My new 2007 Toyota Camry rides well, gets good mileage and was reviewed as very reliable. I had a Ford once and vowed I would never buy an American car again after having lots of trouble with the Ford.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy