Bear

In my stock market adventures over the past year, I’ve had my ups and down. Although I continue to learn, it is still a difficult process. The main thing I haven’t yet grasped is that I shouldn’t be playing the market at all. Besides that, I think I am going to tend toward the bearish side over the next few quarters. I’ve sold stocks short four times (two winners, two losers), but I think that there are many industrials that are in some trouble. Additionally, I don’t believe that the stock market has reflected how poorly the economy has performed (low employment, inflation, declining dollar, etc.). Anyway, wish me luck.

Quick update: The stock I've had for the longest, over a year, was this little crappy company that I threw $150 at when it was 15 cents. I don't know why I invested so little, but it was good becuase the stock has been way down ever since. However, today, the value of that stock went from $10 to $80. My biggest single day gain ever (as a percentage of value). That same gain in another stock I hold would have netted me $60,000, or if I hadmy entire portfolio in there i'd have gained over $200,000 in one day. Well maybe that will happen tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy