Sofa, Ring, Now what?

This week I had to do some work on the soft and giant ring that I build. The springs under the cushions we coming loose (they were partly held down with duct tape, which the glue had melted a little in the heat). I also am making Lindy's giant engagement ring rust proof so we can keep it outside (the original plans had the ring living outside, although there might be a big problem in the diamond is not completely waterproof. For now I'll keep in on the deck, away from the heavy rain until I know for sure). So the question is, should I have another building project. True, I have no time and many other responsibilities, but should that stop me? I think the sofa and the ring were great successes. I would love to build a new sofa, incorporating lessons learned from the first one. This time I would actually have some appropriate tools (for both the ring and the sofa, I only used a hammer, screw drivers, skill saw, staple gun, the blade of a hack saw, and an electric drill). Now I have a sander, a real electric saw, a leveler, and multiple bits for a new cordless drill (one day I will have a real tool collection, however, I am proud that I made what I did with just a few tools and my creativity). I would like to build a treehouse, but I will mostly move in the next year. I could try something detailed, like a nice polished wooden chair set. Or I could try a new category of building, like something electronic. Most likely I would plan my project for months, than when I have a free day, buy all the materials, wait another month, and than polish off the whole thing in a weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i vote you spend that free time and creativity on either job hunting, publishing a novel or harassing jon stewart. My $.02...
Anonymous said…
Hello Schmatah,

I really really need a new Kitchen chairs.....you could build me some. I need 6 :)

Love you,
Mikey

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy