Vacation

In two weeks, Lindy, Molly, and I are going on a desperately needed vacation to Hawaii. I can’t remember if I ever really needed a vacation, but I think I really do need this one. And to note, besides just going away, Lindy’s parents will be there, who are excellent babysitters. Over the past couple of months, life has been rather difficult and I feel like I am on the brink of a subtle kind of madness. The stress of leaving IRC, starting a new job, raising molly, finding daycare, looking for a house, and countless other things are really adding up. Furthermore, over the past month, I have been waking up 2-4 times a night (for anywhere from 2 to 60 minutes each time) teaching molly that she doesn’t need to eat (and Lindy doesn’t need to nurse her) during the night (so that one day she can sleep through the night). As most of you know I am a big fan of sleep and the lack of it has given shaken my nerves. I find myself becoming less patient, less aware, and less focused. I hope this vacation will help to reset my faculties. If not, I will continue to push forward, making the best of what I can, and never giving in to the circumstances.

By the way, I have grown a beard (kinda). I think I like it. Below is a dramatization of what the beard may look like.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You look like a homeless person! You are doing a great job. There is so much on your plate, but I know you can handle it.
Hang tough! Yo Momma
Glen Lipka said…
You just have to hang in there until 2040. Then you can scan your brain into a nanobot collective body. You wont need sleep then. 34 years, not that long.

Oh, Katie says she is going crazy for similar reasons. I think she is faking. Just kiddding! Katie, KIDDING! KIDDING! Joke, oh no, Im sorrry. No please. Im sorry. It was a joke. I know, it's not funny. Bad Joke. Bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy