Hey Little Twelve Toes

If the United Nations or some Alien species asked each country to submit one item that would be reflect the best (the ideal) of each country, what would the US submit. For example, Italy could submit the Sistine Chaple; Austria could submit a Mozart CD; Japan could submit an inexpensive, high quality car. So what would the US submit. There are many options; we could send a light bulb (a great achievement of ingenuity and energy), the declaration of independence, or a picture of the first man on the moon. Of course we could go another direction and send a nuclear weapon, wall street journal, or some modern art. However, in the end, I think the best the US has to over, something that incorporates all the great qualities and history that would make this country great is something more simple. If it were up to me, I would send a School House Rocks DVD. Math, Science, History, Freedom, Creativity, Diversity, Rock-n-roll, education, beauty, philosophy, exploration, it has everything. I feel proud of School House Rocks. I propose that the US government buy the right to School House Rocks and give out a free CD/DVD to every child born in the last 15 years or in the next 100 years. I would also be in favor of translating all the non-nationalistic songs into every foreign language and giving out CDs around the world.

“Rockin' and rollin', splishin' and a-splashing, Over the horizon, what can it be?Looks like it's going to be a free country.”

ps, I wonder if my brother's cyborg thoery is based on the concepts in The Body Machine.

Comments

Glen Lipka said…
Might have been a subliminal influence. However, my kids certainly enjoy the DVD. Although, I really hate the economics one. It was done with a different team and the music is terrible.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy