Pumpkin Family

Yesterday I carved my first pumpkin. You might have thought that I would have vast pumpkin experience by now, but alas, I was all too inexperienced. Like many things in life, I went a bit overboard; instead of making my first pumpkin a simple face, I decided to carve a detailed representation of my life. And thus, into the pumpkin I carved (slowly and patiently) a Lipka family portrait. Lindy, Molly, and I holding hands, with all smiles. Furthermore, the combined family also resembles a larger pumpkin face (Lindy and my head as eyes, Molly as the nose, and our hands and the mouth). It took a long time, but I feel that “if you are going to do something, so it right”.

Speaking of Molly (how come “writing of Molly” just doesn’t sound right, or is that look right), she is growing bigger every day. This morning I noticed three more molecules on her shoulder. She can almost stay sitting up on her own and loves to stand (when someone will help her balance). She has slowly passed the stage of eating brown mush and is now on to more colorful mush. She is still having some problems with the bottle (as we don’t practice enough), but is having some success with a cup or with a straw. She is still getting up in the middle of the night to eat, which is becoming tiresome. We are going to have to get her over that soon. Molly likes to make some sounds (she is the raspberry stage now), but rarely giggles (although she smiles a lot). I feel that she may have had inherited my indifference towards the world, she likes to study things carefully, but seems bored with them at the same time.

Overall, Molly seems like a mostly average baby at this point, excelling is some areas and a little behind in others. I think the second six months will be more dynamic, Molly will learn to the art of self-transportation (the first step on her quest for teleportation), she will start talking, and start developing her own little personality. It should be fun. Any guesses on her first word? I’m going with “upppy”, “ma-ma”, “jets”, or “parallelogram”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Shakespeare Tickets - Contest #3

The Constitution and Justice

Lessons from History - Democracy